Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Patterns I'm Getting Excited About

Modkid patterns by Patty Young has a new version of Kyoko for tweens and misses sizes. I do think I will be picking one of these up for myself.

I also got my first ever issue of Knipmode - good thing I'm building a vocabulary of foreign sewing terms. There are a lot of lovely things in this issue.

I should have my new Ottobre tomorrow, which is perfect since I have the next ten days off from both work and grad school.

I am currently working on Easter dress shirts for my boys - all from an Ottobre pattern. I'm hoping to get all of the Easter sewing done pretty quickly so I can play with these new patterns and some lovely new Fabric.com goodies that came in yesterday's mail.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this - the t-shirt is Ottobre and the embroidery design - "Hanging With My Peeps" is from stitchontime.com. It was just right for the preschool Easter party and an egg hunt coming up this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandi,
    I found your blog via Pattern Review.com; you are such a prolific seamstress! Because you sew so many of your sweet Gracie's clothes, I thought I'd ask if you can recommend a pattern for little girls' leggings. I am sewing some summer clothes for my 4.5 and 3 yr. old little grand daughters, and my ddil has given me a catalog of some VERY pricey childrens' items. She knew I could make them. My sweeties loved some of the brightly colored capri length leggings with a variety of brightly colored cotton tops. I picked up some cotton/lycra stretch cotton at Hancock's yesterday, and I bought a Burda leggings pattern, but I thought I'd ask you first--before I cut into it. You are the SEWING QUEEN! Keep stitching! Thanks for all the inspiration!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any one piece leggings pattern is usually a good one - I love Ottobre, but I have used many others too. Try the leggings on her and if they aren't close-fitting enough, you'll know about making any adjustments!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.