Gracie can wear this like a cross-body bag as well as use it to store the Mobigo, game cartridges, and anything else - like perhaps a pair of headphones...some of the game sounds are a bit annoying.
Adventures in sewing for children, the home, and ME with sources from around the world - Ottobre, Burda, La Mia Boutique, Australian Smocking, Jalie, Bizzkids, Farbenmix PLUS heirloom (Children's Corner, Bonnie Blue, Collars, Etc.), boutique (Portobello Pixie, Modkid), and of course, major U.S. pattern labels (McCall's, Simplicity, Butterick, Vogue).
Search This Blog
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Santa brought Mommy a sewing project - storage bag for a Mobigo
Gracie got a V-Tech Mobigo for Christmas, which means Mommy got a sewing project! I knew she would need a place to keep it as well as store her games. Plus, like many four year olds, she doesn't have the art of organization perfected yet. She needs a little help. Enter Simplicity 3531!
This pattern is for 3 sizes of drawstring bags and all of the ones on the pattern were embellished to a degree and made with cute fabrics so it was easy to envision this as a Gracie project. I chose pink and white dots and a floral contrast fabric and stitched out this cute design on the front. I took some of the bias tubing I used for the drawstrings and made a leash (long enough to be a weird necklace) for all 6 of the cartridges she got. The cartridges all have a small hole in the top that is perfect for this sort of purpose. (That girl got lucky that I hit a BOGO sale on those at Toys R Us last month.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment