Okay, between a 4 yard cut of neon pink ponte knit and a pile of beautiful, bright neon sweatshirt material I got on clearance at Hancock Fabrics (in pink, lime, teal, and raspberry), I was ready to have a massive 80's flashback, but with a 2014 style vibe.
Here's what I made:

Butterick 6053 - in neon pink and black ponte knit & full lined in ivory and peach ITY knit (ivory where it might show at the sleeve and peach in the skirt to use up a remnant)

I had loads of the pink ponte left, so I made up leggings and a top from Ottobre magazine 1/2006 issue.
Then, I dove into the sweatshirt fleece...The two layer skirt is from 1/2008 Ottobre and trimmed in pink ponte knit. It looks cute with this Tinkerbell top I got her on clearance at a Disney Outlet.
Then, I stitched up a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie from the Spring 2014 Ottobre. (Designs #20 & 30) Having all these colors made the project fun to color-block and everything mixes in well with the bright colors and glittery prints my daughter favors when we buy things at stores (like Justice - which is where I picked up the neon pink tank top on sale today).

I also used the fleece to make two trendy tops for myself. The neon lime is Simplicity 1317 (view F) with a rounded applique monogram.

The raspberry sweatshirt (also monogrammed) is Jalie 3355, but since I didn't have any ribbing to match this intense shade, I used some lycra spandex that was a perfect match!
Gracie loves her new fall clothes and so do I.

I think maybe I can now take the neon thread out of the serger and work with something just a touch more subdued. (Or at least not neon - I don't really do "subdued" a lot.)

LOVE the mix-and-matchiness of all the pieces!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are great :D I sure had an 80s flash back myself! I also love how all the pieces match, they look great!
ReplyDeletegreat fall garments..Love all the mix and match outfits.. Sweet photos..Happy sewing.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've seen ponte in that shade before!! The dress is great, and definitely not 80's (:
ReplyDeleteAnd what fun garments for Gracie.