Modkid patterns by Patty Young has a new version of Kyoko for tweens and misses sizes. I do think I will be picking one of these up for myself.
I also got my first ever issue of Knipmode - good thing I'm building a vocabulary of foreign sewing terms. There are a lot of lovely things in this issue.
I should have my new Ottobre tomorrow, which is perfect since I have the next ten days off from both work and grad school.
I am currently working on Easter dress shirts for my boys - all from an Ottobre pattern. I'm hoping to get all of the Easter sewing done pretty quickly so I can play with these new patterns and some lovely new Fabric.com goodies that came in yesterday's mail.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with this - the t-shirt is Ottobre and the embroidery design - "Hanging With My Peeps" is from stitchontime.com. It was just right for the preschool Easter party and an egg hunt coming up this weekend.
Hi Sandi,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog via Pattern Review.com; you are such a prolific seamstress! Because you sew so many of your sweet Gracie's clothes, I thought I'd ask if you can recommend a pattern for little girls' leggings. I am sewing some summer clothes for my 4.5 and 3 yr. old little grand daughters, and my ddil has given me a catalog of some VERY pricey childrens' items. She knew I could make them. My sweeties loved some of the brightly colored capri length leggings with a variety of brightly colored cotton tops. I picked up some cotton/lycra stretch cotton at Hancock's yesterday, and I bought a Burda leggings pattern, but I thought I'd ask you first--before I cut into it. You are the SEWING QUEEN! Keep stitching! Thanks for all the inspiration!
Jenn
Any one piece leggings pattern is usually a good one - I love Ottobre, but I have used many others too. Try the leggings on her and if they aren't close-fitting enough, you'll know about making any adjustments!
ReplyDelete