Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tree Skirt complete and a new Sewing Resource

There it is - my completed tree skirt. I can hear you now saying "Um, you're doing it wrong." The tree is crammed in a corner this year and we are about to re-do the living room (between Christmas and New Year's), so this has yet to land under the tree.

Once I had all the buildings and critters stitched, making my own piping for the skirt as well as making a ruffle from charm squares stitched together was pretty easy.

As you can see, the underside of the skirt is back with a lovely soft green corduroy ( a score at the Patsy Aiken outlet).

My other new addition to this blog is a sewing Livebinder. If you aren't familiar with Livebinders, they are a resource organizer that anyone can set up and share. Mine is full of some of my favorite sites (which are already linked here) and includes my favorite embroidery sites (which are NOT otherwise linked here). Enjoy and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.