Search This Blog

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer style for me & the girl




Simplicity 1627 - one of the cutest little girl patterns ever! I love the ruffles, the corset back, the gathered straps, and the yoked skirt, plus the bodice offers a great space for embellishment! This version is perfect for the 4th of July plus a visit to the Statue of Liberty in a few weeks.

I also have made a number of new tops for me: 
Ottobre 2/2013 top made with Patsy Aiken Fabric
The Rock n Roll top from Pattern Review/Angela Wolf
Another Ottobre top!
...and yet another Ottobre pattern - this time with a ruffled knit print from Joann's
McCall's 6563 - not a knit, but a fast summer top

I have one more knit top to stitch up, but I am ready to explore some other projects...just have to decide what! I'm looking forward to a trip to NYC in July. I have to go to Mood, but where else is worth a look. I'll be able to drag the family along on a fabric odyssey for a few hours.




2 comments:

  1. Love the Hello Kitty dress for your little girl.. Adorable.
    And you have made some really pretty blouses for your self. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summer blouses you made for yourself are lovely. ANd your little one looks like a doll in her Hello Kitty dress!

    ReplyDelete