Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Tinkerbell dress

I found this great Tinkerbell fabric at Joann's and knew it would be a perfect summer dress for Gracie. She loves Tinkerbell and the pattern is actually sophisticated for a character print!

I used Simplicity 1670, a Project Runway design, and chose the tie sleeves, piping at the top and bottom of midriff band, and a piece of green floral trim (which I had EXACTLY the right length of!). The dress has a built in slip with ruffle to give it that fluff little girls love. Luckily I had a roll of soft tricot tulle to use for the fluff part of the slip. It's like a secret "Tink-y" layer!




Look, it comes with bonus almost-7-years-old attitude as well!

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute dress for a pretty little girl. My 8 year old granddaughter loves Tinkerbell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie looks adorable in her Tinkebell dress.. Love the pattern. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tinkerbell. Love her and the dress and the almost-7 year old attitude as well (I have an 8 yo nephew and he doesn't like to speak with me on the phone - he's "too busy"! LOL) Annette (From PR)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. She is getting so big. I made that pattern last week too !

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.