Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Awesome accessories for dolls and little girls

Kwik Sew 3909 - dolly sleeping bag and carrier

I skipped the girl sized sleeping bag since she just got a big fluffy one from Justice. Here's her American Girl doll taking it for a test drive before we dressed her up for the cheer competition.

Gracie's gym competed at All-Star Challenge "Clash of the Titans" in Raleigh, NC this weekend. Her team placed 3rd in their division - not bad at all for a National competition!

Of course, we get plenty of doll stunting with Gracie's team while they wait to go warm-up.

 They also had a shopping area with t-shirts and such (I caved - one shirt for me and two shirts and a hoodie for her) and big cheer bows. I did not cave on the bows! I used that as motivation to figure out how to cut heat transfer vinyl better.

 Grandma came along on the second day of competition!
 My girl and her teammates rocked the mat!
 Of course, there was more doll stunting while we killed time before awards Sunday.

 Since the competition, we got in one more practice (getting ready for The ONE National Championship next month), but got slapped with a snow day today (and a big whopping storm coming at us tomorrow night). It has been time to finish up the second project from the pattern.
 This carrier wasn't too bad to make since I used Peltex but cut the interfacing to not cover the seam allowances. (I finally got smart about this miserable stuff!)

Gracie likes the secret pocket in the carrier. She also likes that she can carry it like a papoose on her back!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Gracie and her team...
    such fun doll accessories.. Makes me want to play dolls too.ha

    ReplyDelete