Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring sewing for the girl












I decided to make the "Manhatten" dress from the Book Sewing Clothes Kids Love. It's a rather complicated pattern, and I think I will add a few more embellishments to the skirt to emphasize the double layers, but I need some time to think on that. Meanwhile, I had Gracie try it out and she was all about the "cute" posing.
I also am working on a velour hoodie and pants set for spring - just needs a zipper (which is why she is holding it together). Hopefully, I can find the right one online because I have had no luck in Joann's or Hancock's.


The purple skirt is the one I photographed for the adjustable waist tutorial - you can see how much she needs that elastic! I had this finished for a couple of weeks and just didn't get to taking some pictures.

Up next, I have a Kwik Sew knit dress with a swirly layer effect in coral and med. blue background daisy prints, Farbenmix "Whitney" tank dress in a preppy whale print, a Jalie exercise skort combined with an Ottobre knit top in a cute cheerleader print (for her to wear to practice), patchwork plaid capri pants, and a pink t-shirt with a birthday kitty cat print. All of those should be pretty quick to sew once I get time (read: work stuff...ugh).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.