Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The 70's called...

Here are my latest two projects - a little mod and a little Bohemian!

First, Butterick 5854 - with lots of gathered, flowy bits:

This is one dramatic design. It ran a bit big (and since it has cup size pattern pieces, I didn't do an FBA). I might end up taking this one in a little.

Then, a Vogue designer pattern by Cynthia Steffe (V1150) - I decided to color block and use this awesome peacock feather printed zipper for the exposed decorative zipper in the back. Once again, I'm back to my old favorite - ponte knit!

My husband didn't care for this dress much, but I happen to really like it - esp. with accessories that speak to the Mary Tyler Moore-esque vibe. Plus, it IS in the Pantone color of the year - Emerald green.

Hmmm...no cut projects waiting - just a pile of fabric and patterns...what to sew next??





5 comments:

  1. Love the blouse...such pretty fabric.. and I like your dress too.. Love the pocket [they are always a plus!!] Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another loving that Butterick blouse! Between the print and the pattern lines, that worked perfectly for you. I need to finish planting the garden so I can finally unpack my sewing room - your blouse is inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are such fun outfits - you will get a lot of wear out of these. The dress is super - the colour is very flattering on you ... J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely top and very stylish dress! You always make wonderful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 5854 blouse! Flowy fabrics are great in the summer...

    ReplyDelete