Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2015

Dressy summer

Vogue 1449 - Rebecca Taylor dress

I made this in a scuba knit from Joann's. I love me some scuba knit! It sews up with body and is flattering to wear.

 This is Vogue 1448, a great design by DKNY. The fabric was also purchased at Joann's and has a rainbow ombre effect to it. With 4 yards I had enough to cut this (on the cross grain which the pattern requires and works well with this fabric). For an FBA, I added an inch to the overlapping wrap in the front. I also hand-tacked the bodice so it won't gape open if I move. Finally, the side zip is finished so that it is a true side open with no hook at the top - has a finished underarm seam instead.



3 comments:

  1. Great dresses. Glad to see you back in action .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love both but the second one is stunning! That fabric is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.