Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I'm back! And I've been busy...

After spending five days out of town, I was pleased to hit a few fabric stores as I passed through the Charlotte area and pick up my machine from Elegant Stitches this morning.
I put the machine to good use this afternoon and finished TWO dresses for Miss Gracie!

The first is Butterick 4718, which I made in this beautiful delphinium print I purchased at Waechter's Fine Fabrics in Asheville. The ribbon was a find at Elegant Stitches today.


I then sewed together New Look 6016. I had done the applique (from Bunnycup.com) last weekend, but hadn't done anything else. I've got three more cut projects that just may get finished this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Loving the giant green check dress. It looks Chez Ami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is Chez Ami - I'm lucky enough to live not too far from the outlet so I hit it for the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What outlet are you talking about? I'm in the Charlotte area. I've been to MaryJo's, but that's about it. I'm not impressed with the local Hancocks (or MaryJos, for that matter) and am eager to find new fabric places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patsy Aiken/Chez Ami has an outlet in Raleigh - check the link on my sidebar for times they are open. The quality of their fabric is fantastic. The outlet has it in 2 yard pieces, but sometimes I have scored other random lengths on the clearance table. I also get $5 trim bags (15 coordinated yards), 50 cent zippers...

    Also, if you make a field trip to this area, Elegant Stitches (link in sidebar) is in Cary and SOOOO worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete