Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Goodbye, Molly

This weekend, we had to say goodbye to a beloved family member. Our oldest cat, Molly, passed away after being treated for a thyroid condition and high blood pressure for over a year and a half. She was a darling kitty, and luckily she seemed to be pretty good up until the last few days, so we knew it was almost her time.
Molly put up with a lot of silliness...

She had mischief in her, as most kitties do. She would meow at me while sewing or cutting fabric. She often came up beside me and got in the way (not that I minded too much).  Every now and then she unthreaded my serger!

She loves to lay on clothes and fabric.
She loved to cuddle - this was taken on Friday night before she passed away Saturday morning. Right before this I had started on a dress for Gracie, but I didn't end up getting it done before Molly took a turn for the worse so I took a break from my sewing to spend time with my fur baby. I'm glad I did. Now that she is at the Rainbow Bridge, I am getting back to work on some sewing projects, but I'm a little sad there isn't a pretty tabby to muss up my fabric layout, although Skippy and Winston will probably do their part to get my attention when the scissors come out!

Goodbye, sweet girl
:-(
June 3, 1998 (when I got her at about 10 weeks old) - September 15, 2012


3 comments:

  1. Sandi so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lost our favorite kitty. She went to the Rainbow Bridge after a brief but traumatic illness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty! She looks just like our cat that passed earlier this year. I know how hard it is to lose a pet - sending you good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.