Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Looking toward Spring

I definitely ready to be done with the "polar vortex" (unless we get a visit from an actual snow storm), so it's fun to sew styles suited to spring.

I stitched up three tops and two slips for me and the leggings to go with a top I have ready to sew for Gracie.

Burda 6964 includes two full slips, a cami, and a half slip. I purchased some black and white performance knits and made two versions of view A. (There will not be a photo of the white one, but I figured out why I had some gaping on the black one and corrected that on the white one by pulling my FOE tighter as a sewed it on.) I think these will be great under more sheer knit dresses - esp. if the bodice is low cut!

Butterick 5354 is a previously made pattern that I decided would work well with this awesome border print I purchased in NYC's garment district last summer.

Vogue 8581 is another top from garment district fabric. This is quick to make until you hand-stitch the neckline down. Even so, I will almost definitely pull this out again.

I have a third top cut and ready to sew from my garment district purchases, but it will have to wait until I sew one more item that requires the white serger thread since I will need to switch back to black. I really like to avoid switching that mess (even when tying on the thread) when I can.

I sewed up Vogue 1306 (a Rebecca Taylor design), view B, in this wonderful chevron knit. I could have definitely gone down a size, but if it shrinks any I'm covered. If it doesn't, I might take in the sides slightly. I also used this fabric for pedal pusher leggings and accents on a white tank style tunic for Gracie (from a La Mia Boutique pattern). I want to add some embroidery to the top pre-construction, so that is jamming up my progress on my last top for me. Overall, it is still a very productive sewing weekend.

1 comment:

  1. love your new blouses..And I too...am SO ready for spring.. I am tired of this cold/cold weather.eeeeeeeeeeeh..
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.