Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fall & Winter Wardrobe Plan - revisited

Back in November, I came up with a sewing plan for what I wanted to sew for myself for Fall and Winter. It was rather ambitious, and I knew I likely wouldn't get to all of it, but I am proud to say that I completed 19 of my planned garments.

I also have no problem saying I am DONE for now with it. I plan to revisit it this summer or around the time school starts - when I am getting in the mood to sew for cooler weather. Then, I will update it and probably get around to making at least some of the planned outfits I haven't gotten to yet.

Do I think this kind of planning was helpful? Yes, I've always bitten off more than I can chew when it comes to projects. I don't really function any other way. Part of the excitement for me is the planning and dreaming part of it which is why I am so in love with Pinterest. I already have a similar board started for both myself and my daughter, plus one for sewing for my boys - all thinking ahead to Spring. This is, of course, in addition to my two design inspiration boards - one for grown-ups and one for the kids.

I have a dress, a pair of capri pants, and a tote back cut out and on the sewing pile, but I think I need to get my sewing wish list a little more organized. I've been knocking out cute things for Gracie, but I need to look at what she needs as far as matching items, etc. I'm also thinking ahead to our August Disney trip. I have some really cute embroidery designs I am planning to use on themed items for the children. Maybe I need to create a Disney-inspiration pinboard...hmm?

I also need to make some bags for my kids. The boys could all use some bags to store and carry their Scout stuff and little Gracie could use a sports bag for cheerleading/gymnastics. (We are signing her up for gymnastics soon...and I have a Jalie leotard pattern on the way.)

It looks like I need to start making a sewing plan for all of these projects. Then maybe I can get some of the embroidery work done while I grade student work...some days I wish I could design and sew for a living, but that would not be financially feasible now. Maybe someday...

In the meantime, I also have all of this to play with - making some new hairbows for my girl!
Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment