Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sew Fast without ruffles and gathers...

Boy clothes seem to sew up more quickly - fewer fussy details (unless you are talking about dress shirts...). Last night, I stitched 2 shirts, 2 complete pairs of shorts and half of 2 more pairs of shorts. I finished those up in a brief 30 minute session this evening.

Presenting boy-wear with character!


Four pairs of shorts from McCall's 6548, 2 t-shirts from Ottobre 2/2004 #16 - a lot of blue, but a lot of cute.

I did inform my husband that I have a sufficient amount of the Mickey boardshort fabric remaining to make him a pair...what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. how cute and wow...that was fast..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! That's what I like about sewing boys clothes -- it's all pretty straightforward without the frills. (Of course 2 of my 3 boys are all grown up now and for them I'm mostly doing dress shirts, LOL) I always like to cut out at least 3 or 4 shirts or pants or shorts and sew them together assembly-line style. It's amazing how quick it can go and how much you can get done in one evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should totally make your husband a pair of Mickey Mouse shorts.

    After looking through your pattern reviews with the pictures of Gracie in Ottobre outfits I ordered a number of back issues (I'd have ordered them all if I had the money. I got them last night and have been savoring going through them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Boy clothes seem to take less time for me, one reason being that I don't spend as much time deciding on which pattern should go with which fabric. Boys' shorts are boys' shorts.

    ReplyDelete