Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Back to school sewing has begun!



 I'm trying to get started on some back to school outfits for my first grader. Since it stays warm for quite a bit of the school year here, I'm not rush to go for the long sleeves, but I do have a couple complete.

So far, I have made McCall's 6313 in the view B tunic/short jumper out of some really fun prints I got at the sewing expo last year.

The elastic in back helps this fit very well.

 I also stitched up the Sew Sensible Twirl Skort which will be a pretty and practical addition to her school wardrobe. I love these coordinating fabrics!

Gracie has to insert the requisite "cute" pose...

From the book Sewing Clothes Kids Love, I made up the Imke shirt, complete with pointed hood. She picked out the fabrics for this. I love that Bambi print!

This t-shirt (with applique from Stitch In Time) is from McCall's 6642. I messed up matching the stripes from front to back, but it's still cute.






Finally, I knocked out a quick t-shirt for myself in a wonderfully soft rayon from Joann's. The pattern is Ottobre 2/2011 #1 Trento t-shirt. I finished the neck with a self band of fabric and hemmed the sleeves. This is a nice shirt for casual wear or for work.

I have one more cut project to tackle - a Vogue Marci Tilton knit dress (V8904). I used two different pink stripe knits...crossing my fingers that this will work out well. Of course, since the first grader is hungry, it's time to think about food instead of fabric...at least I got two of the four out of the house for a few days of robotics camp.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is going to be one well dressed first grader..Absolutely beautiful out fits..
    Proud you found time to make you something too.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.