Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Think Pink!



I like pink...and I had some great pink fabric to work with, so I have been sewing pink recently. 

(Not pictured - a pink Amy Butler "Chelsea" bag in progress and pink jeggings for Gracie)
The pale pink blouse is made from Colette's Hawthorn pattern. I added extra buttons to help it lay smooth at the front. I also added an inch of length to the bodice to accommodate the girls. The fabric has a touch of lycra and a very soft hand. I'm not always a fan of solid tops, but this one turned out very pretty.

The striped dress is a Vogue Marci Tilton pattern (8904). There is basically a double layer of knit fabric which helps smooth out the bumpy parts. I used two stripes of different widths. Given how this pattern is laid out, I would definitely make it in stripes - so cute! Also, it's very quick to do since there is minimal hemming. Everything but the neckline is a raw edge.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pink blouse. It is a really flattering cut. And the Marci Tilton dress is amazing. I like it better than the one on the vogue site! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go right on Sandi. That Tilton dress using two strip fabrics is so nice. I just pulled that pattern last night to place on my inspiration board.

    ReplyDelete