Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Seriously scholastic sewing

It doesn't get more "back-to-school" than this! I made up Bonnie Blue Design's reversible "Bridget" jumper for my soon-to-be first grader. Isn't this adorable - especially with the design from Planet Applique on it!



The dress is all the chevron print on the other side. I thought about adding an applique on that side, but didn't bother. I might do a Halloween/Thanksgiving version with double-sided appliques, but that'll depend on some timing issues.

The dress goes from size 6 mo. to 6 years. Gracie is 6 and wearing that size, but she has TONS of room, so I think she'll get at least two years out of this.

I also made myself a new lunch bag - using the school mascot image (digitized by a coworker with a side business in embroidery!) and the "Pride" lettering. I found the ribbon in NYC and I have enough left to make a hair bow for Gracie (that I might wear myself for spirit days!). A local fabric shop got this gold and navy chevron which happens to be in one of the high school's colors, but it also is the colors of the middle school I teach at (and my older two boys attend) AND the colors of the little one's elementary school.

The bag is insulated with "Shiny & Brite" which can also be used for pot holders, etc. as well as a layer of fusible fleece. I also added a divided pocket inside so I have a place for a pen and my phone or my key chain.

Next up - the Disney "Nerds" outfit!

2 comments:

  1. Love Gracie's new jumper.. so adorable , as is she..
    Your lunch bag is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lunch bag. I'm starting a job at a new high school and am really looking forward to all that school spirit.

    ReplyDelete