Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, May 4, 2014

More spring fashion


 My sweet girl models "Gypsy Dance" by AS&E.

 Don'tcha love Benjamin's oh-so-cool hat?

The dress is twirl-approved.




I have cleared my cut, but not yet sewn, backlog! I finally finished the dress from Australian Smocking & Embroidery that I had begun in March. It's "Gypsy Dance" from Issue 86. The colors are so much fun, but I underestimated my piping needs and ran out before I finished the bottom tier, so I improvised with prepackaged, double-fold bias tape. She said she feels like a princess in it (and even let me curl her hair this morning before I took pictures and we went to church).

I also completed Butterick 5924, a shirt just made for a bias plaid.
Another fabric-specific project was Ottobre Woman 02-2014 #1. I just had to shorten it a little to make my fabric work. I think I'll be wearing some bike shorts under this! It's cute for casual summer wear, though.

Finally, I completed a second version of Jamie's Easter shirt - this time in a lovely classic seersucker stripe. He had some fun modeling it for me and definitely approved the look.



1 comment:

  1. Great job clearing the cut pile! DD's dress is gorgeous! And I really love that dragonfly dress.

    ReplyDelete