Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Addicted to ruffles

I already had hot pink thread in the machines, so I pulled out a roll of chiffon and got busy last night. This is the end result.

I made one of these last year, but I didn't achieve the desired level of gathered fluff and I wrestled with a so-so ruffler foot. This time, I took a simpler approach. I gathered by bunching the fabric as I pushed it under the presser foot. You know what? It worked pretty well!

I put the teddy bear in it late last night so I could get a picture from the top.

I use the instructions from Kari Mecca's Princess Pettiskirts pattern.

The satin for the yoke is crepe-backed satin from Joann's. I hate costume satin - too slippery.

The chiffon was purchased in rolls, and I had so much fun making this I just might order some more...

1 comment:

  1. One other resource: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/07/full-and-fluffy-pettiskirt.html

    ReplyDelete