Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

What to sew next?

This week has been suck-tastic thanks to end-of-grade testing (or as I fondly think of it, federally mandated child abuse). Combine that with a home improvement project that has eaten my sewing time, and you have a recipe for some serious frustration.

I did manage to knock out one pillowcase dress from a Simplicity pattern I got last summer (not that you really need a pattern for one, but this saves measuring.

 In the meantime, we are laying down Pergo upstairs and I had to make room for this awesome cabinet from Ikea (clearance corner!).

So now, I am plotting my stitches for Memorial Day (still need to finish the flooring and my grad school paper first).

I'm eyeing up a Suede Says (Simplicity pattern) or possibly a McCall's skirt pattern for some flowy white and blue floral poly charmeuse from Joann's. I'm also thinking about making a camera bag for my DSLR (Nikon D50). I got a nice booklet with instructions and some great embroidery designs from Urban Threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment