Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall & Winter Wardrobe Plan

I was cleaning up some patterns and fabric yesterday when I got the notion to sew with a plan for myself for fall and winter...and thus began the obsession. I have trouble doing things on a small scale, so before I knew it, I had a selection of patterns matched with a selection of fabrics from my stash database (yes, I have a database...it's that ridiculous).




 I made the plan in Microsoft OneNote and added yardage info for the garments I wanted to make. I then printed it out and sat down with my fabric database (and a little old-fashioned fabric fondling too) and decided on matching fabrics with patterns. I started to do this on the computer with the Modkid Madeline skirt and some Amy Butler fabrics (see top right of first image), but quickly realized that would be a headache.

At the moment, my plan includes:


14 knit tops
4 jackets
6 pants
8 dresses
11 skirts

I might make a wool coat, too, but that is the only thing I don't have fabric for in my stash right now.



Some of the highlights from the fabric stash include a lot of lovely knits - mainly ITY jersey and ponte knits. I have a fabulous velveteen for the Vogue Today's fit jacket. I also have some nice corduroys and twills for pants as well as a pair denim jeans and a denim skirt with an interesting yellow pinstripe to the fabric.


The first of my planned wardrobe items, the Modkid skirt, is now complete and already reviewed!

No comments:

Post a Comment