Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Grey...great!

I've never been a big fan of the color grey - it lacks too much color for my tastes.However, I have just completed two dresses using a lovely pewter grey ponte knit and I like them both very much.

McCall's 6432 has great lines and was very easy to alter for a large bust since it was a cup size pattern. I got a lot of compliments when I wore it to work, too!

McCall's 6395 turned out even better than I imagined it would. It felt a little risky mixing two different weight knits, but by lining the bodice, it made a big difference. I know the zipper and the lightweight jersey didn't play well (hence the puckering, but I don't care). I'm happy with it.
The zipper details on the sleeves as well as the exposed one on back drive up the project cost a little, but they are great details.

Up next, a couple of holiday fashions for the young'uns and then back to my wardrobe.

3 comments:

  1. I love both of your new dresses! Interesting that we are making/made the same dress (M6395). I chose to use a gray ponte knit and now seeing your version, I need to get a move on and get mine finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dresses and they look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both dresses have great details. If you're not sure about grey, it's still pretty safe to wear on the bottom. I like the interesting mix of the grey and the multi-colored print, too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.