Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

New sewing books & fabrics

Today was a great sewing day (in the acquisitions department). My favorite local sewing store is having their anniversary sale (Elegant Stitches - link on the side of my blog) and everything is 25% off. I picked up some lovely fabrics including:

I got the last 3 yards (40% off!). ;-)

I love this pretty line pique - will make a cute summer outfit for Gracie.
I plan to use these two prints (one is Michael Miller and the other Moda) together on this dress: Modkid - Addison

I also got another Modkid pattern on clearance:



There were a couple of other fun finds on the end-of-bolt table as well.

I think this new Lila Tueller pattern is just adorable and will be making it for Gracie next summer.

I also hit the Patsy Aiken outlet where I score some great deals on their wonderful fabrics including quite a few knits. They just started putting out excess fabrics from their Fall '11 line so I did very well on the clearance shelves. 

I hit Joann's for a few zippers and needles - it was nice to hit my phone for a 25% off coupon (sign up for their text alerts!).

Finally, my sewing shopping was rounded out at Barnes and Noble. I picked up the latest issue of Threads which includes an interesting tutorial on how to make better pants pockets.

The best find, though, were these two books:
I have been eager for both of these to come out!

Now, I just need to finish up my Vogue Tracy Reese knit dress and then I can dig into some new fun - with an extra hour this weekend to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.