Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Winter Wardrobe - the little black and grey dresses

I just completed piece #2 - McCall's 5924:

I love this printed ponte knit fabric (G Street - last piece!). I especially like how it looks hemmed with this black ponte as a contrast. While I was planning my wardrobe pieces, I went through my stash of ponte knit (thanks for the sale last month, Fabric Mart) and got inspired.

While I have the knit out, I plan to cut McCall's 6432 with basically the same color combo as the sketch (but my grey is slightly darker - more of a pewter grey).

Then I will take the remaining pewter grey and use it for the skirt of McCall's 6395. I plan to combine the contrast view with the long sleeve view. My version will also have a lighter grey top portion, but mine will be out of a print. I do plan to do the decorative zippers on the sleeves. I like how that looks.

Once I get these three dresses finished, I will likely tackle a top or two.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how M6432 turns out for you.

    ReplyDelete