Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 sewing in review

Here is Simplicity 1783, the last completed object of 2012, and while I model it, I am standing beside the new cabinet and chair I purchased from Ikea for my sewing space.

I have been sewing for almost six years now, and this was one of my most productive so far in both quantity and quality. Here are some of the highlights:

I added 123 reviews to Pattern Review this year, but I think I made closer to 150 projects since I didn't review all the t-shirts I did for our Disney trip.

My little girl began gymnastics this year which meant I began to sew leotards and tumble shorts - Jalie was my go-to pattern source for this.
 I also made a lot of special outfits for my darling girl - after all you are only 5 years old once! She hit that milestone in April and we celebrated in a Hello Kitty ensemble.
Of course, this was just the beginning of the character fun. We had a big family trip to Walt Disney World planned for August and I went nuts sewing fun things (and embroidering tops) for all of us. Here are some of my favorites:



I also made a lovely Easter dress for Miss Grace (and stayed up almost all night to finish it! I'll start earlier this spring!). I also made the outfit my mom is wearing as her Christmas present from the previous holiday.

I also particularly enjoyed created Gracie's Halloween costume - Tinkerbell. She made a very sweet little fairy!

For myself, the last two dresses I made might just be some of my most favorites - favorite fabric (ponte knit), favorite style - color-blocked, and fun colors.

For next year, I plan to sew some mini-collections - to try to pull together more coordinating pieces. I've done that more for Gracie in the past, but not as much for me.

I have some inspirations in mind for my Spring collection, but you will just have to wait...and see!

4 comments:

  1. Oh what pretty stuff you make. And I so agree...enjoy sewing for that 5 yr old..It is over so quickly ..all the cute little stuff.
    Happy sewing, and I look forward to seeing what you sew in 2013. I really enjoy following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so prolific - such great garments!

    Here's to a Happy Sewing 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Disney makes really wowed me this year, you also are so helpful to me on Pattern Review- we have similar pattern taste- your reviews have helped me quite a bit! Happy 2013 to you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I loved all your Disney sewing. And isn't it great to be able to make your own leotards? I love looking at the price tags of the ones hanging in the shop(!), and besides saving money, the chance my girls have to choose styles and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete