Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Let the summer sewing begin

As I have shared before, I am a teacher, and that job gets super crazy at the end of the school year. I am excited to report that the kids left at 12:15 and my sanity began returning at 12:16. This week I gave state mandated child abuse testing, sold OUT of yearbooks for the first time (!), and dealt with the end of year crazies (both in terms of kids and all the end of year stuff teachers must do). I still have to work tomorrow and two days next week, but the pressure is off and I have time to sew tonight!

Last week I cut small backpack style purse from Taylor Made Designs' backpack pattern booklet. I am finally going to embroider and then sew myself a stylish new bag like the one on the upper right cover:
The material I am using is two Kaffe Fassett prints and I plan to leave off the cute button embellishment since I am doing machine embroidery.

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow teacher,I understand the end of year crazies! Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete