Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A slightly different creative project

My sewing has slowed down for a few days because I have another big project - a kitchen & dining room makeover. We got Rustoleum's new Countertop Transformations and Cabinet Transformations kits. So far, we have transformed our formerly white laminate cabinets to "English Cream" and will be finishing with the glaze and top coat later. Next, the late 90's green marble-ish laminate counters will get a granite look from the "Java Stone" kit. The upper walls will be "chocolate Truffle" (really, more of a light caramel color) and "Blue Bayberry" sponged with copper metallic wash for the bottom walls. We also bought some tiles for the back splash that have shades of cream, brown, and copper. I'm really excited about this. My kitchen has taken a lot of abuse over the last 12 years and this is an affordable facelift for us.

My final kitchen/dining room project will be a new valance - from Butterick 5057 (the one on the bottom right - view B).

I'm making it my goal to get the whole project done before the new Ottobre (and the Knipmode July issue I ordered yesterday) hit my mailbox.

1 comment:

  1. "The late 90's green marble-ish laminate" I agree so much with that statement!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.