Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

The things we do for kids

I have been stitching out embroidery designs like a mad fool. I'm so glad I had the sense to put my embroidery machine right beside my computer so I can get other stuff done in between thread changes.

My youngest son, six year old Benjamin, asked for some mommy couture (my words) so this is in progress for him and his older brothers:

They will be hoodies from the Ottobre 4/2005 issue. It was a big pain to merge all that lettering into the designs, but the Lego Star Wars embroidery is so darn cute!

I am also teaching my older two boys (9 1/2 and almost 11) how to so at their request. We are making pillowcases from a Simplicity Learn-to-Sew pattern. To make it fun, they are sewing for themselves and the younger two with fabric they all picked out. They also helped me select embroidery designs to add with their names for the hem bands. Those took awhile to stitch out as well.

Hopefully we will have finished pillowcases to share soon!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! My boys would LOVE having Star Wars logos.

    ReplyDelete