Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Animal Kingdom couture - McCall's 6512

I have started planning my Disney trip sewing, and aside from a t-shirt I stitched with Buzz Lightyear on an applique for Benjamin, this is my first real piece of Disney vay-cay couture: the Animal Kingdom blouse.

The pattern is McCall's 6512 which has some mixed reviews on Pattern Review, but I really love it. I think you need the right fabric, though, and this lightweight, almost sheer, yet crisp cotton voile fits the bill.

It was a great inexpensive (sorry - long gone) find from Fabric Mart. I purchased it before this pattern came out, but they turned out to be exactly right together.

The scale of the print is large, so this would not work for my daughter. It also needs something under it due to the sheer factor. Of course the sheer factor also means it is great for summer in the South. Heck, it's still "winter" and I wasn't cold when we went outside to take these pictures.

I am thrilled with how this turned out since it fits with my vision of having great trip outfits that work with being a photo-happy scrapbooking mommy. I love going to Disney and I love having excuses to sew with a theme. I want to do it in a way that is fun, stylish, and appropriate to the individual wearing the clothes. Welcome to the first of many Stylin' Disney posts...I have 147 more days to sew my vision of my family doing Disney!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. Your version of this top is great. I have this pattern, and am looking forward to sewing up both versions. Seeing your pics is a great help!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.