Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Projects with a little character

Who likes their new sleep shorts? My big guys do! This is a pattern from the winter 2011 Ottobre magazine. Joann's had flannel half price (and all of the character fabric was 40% off), so we picked up some nice prints including a Star Wars flannel and a Cars print. I stitched up the two pairs the boys are hold in about 45 minutes - total. I have the other 3 cut pairs ready to go once I switch out serger thread.
Additionally, we picked out some Star Wars cotton for some shirts for vacation. Since Star Wars is found at Disney (in the Star Tours ride at the Studios), I will happily play along with their requests. I also have downloaded some really cute designs with Mickey and Minnie as Star Wars characters (for the younger two). Right now I am collecting embroidery images and sewing patterns in a Google Doc as my Disney trip sewing plan. You can peek if you like - right here.

Molly kept wanting to lay on my cut flannel - silly cat! Here she is waiting just to give it that special tabby fur touch.

Of course, before I can finish these (as well as finish the two tops I have cut out for myself, I have an even more pressing project: Gracie's gymnastics stuff - 1st class is Weds. I am making her a bag (which I am stitching out right now. Her name will be appliqued on it along with three little gymnasts - very cute! I also want to sew up the other two leotards I have cut and get her to try on the black stretch velvet shorts I made.

I think I have finally got my teacher work to the point where I can finish up my grading while I stitch out embroidery and actually get some sewing done - yay! (This is especially good after digging into the unfiled carton of Butterick patterns at Joann's yesterday to buy all of the new ones I wanted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment