Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sewing with character

With a Disney trip on the horizon for August and a birthday party for the youngest two tomorrow, I find quite a few occasions to put some character fun into my sewing.

Matthew and Jamie are both modeling an Ottobre sleeveless t-shirt with colorblocking. The back of Matthew's Mickey Rockin' Roller Coaster shirt is solid red with Jamie's Goofy's Candy Co. shirt being a solid grasshopper green in the back. The stripe is a recent Patsy Aiken/Chez Ami purchase. Expect to see it again soon...I have lots and it is a great boy fabric. The green I used on the back pops up again on little sister's new outfit.

While Benjamin isn't wearing a specific character, I chose this colorful creature to complement some bright print twill I got an Joann's last week. I have a pair of Ottobre shorts in progress.

Gracie loves Hello Kitty, so when I found this strawberry print and the Hello Kitty applique with the strawberry, I knew it would make an adorable outfit. I also made a pair of what I call "flipper" shorts - essentially leggings with about a 3 inch inseam. So, if her skirt flips up, no one has to see if the character of the day on her undies matches her outfit. I foresee quite a few more of these items passing under my needle in the near future.


Patterns: Ottobre 2/2005-36 (sleeveless tops, 128-170cm - both are wearing a 146), Ottobre 3/2011 - 19 (blue t-shirt, 92-146cm - wearing a 122), Ottobre 3/2009 - 29 (green top, 98-146cm - wearing a 110), ZozoBugBaby "The Candy Shoppe" twirl skirt ( 12m - 10 - wearing a 4/5), "flipper" shorts - self drafted pattern based on other leggings I have made

1 comment:

  1. "Flipper shorts" - love it! A descriptive and cute name. All the clothes look great.

    ReplyDelete