Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's Cutting Time

I really enjoy the process of pairing fabrics and patterns and cutting them out. I spread my cutting mat on my coffee table and go to it while I watch TV or a movie. I usually have a cut party once every 7-10 days (depending on how many things I cut and how much sewing time I have).

I cut Simplicity 7229 (view C, the miniskirt) and McCall's 4261 (view A, the hoodie) from pink terry with cherry print (Juicy Couture fabric).



I have a white pique knit, a heathered peach Sophia knit, a quilted piece with vintage McCall's patterns in pink and ivory (so cute!) and the lime and hot pink knit above (a Patsy Aiken knit). I am trying to figure out what all of theses pieces want to become (while I eat the fresh peach pie I made this afternoon).

I also have some lovelies in the dryer that are about ready to come out and play. I have this pretty paisley twill from Fashionista Fabrics waiting to be made into M5191 (my favorite jean jacket pattern - reminds me of Coldwater Creek jackets). I also have some other pretties I got from FF, like this pink tweed, pink sweater knit, and knit border print:


Yes, I do like pink.


2 comments:

  1. Ah, don't you love 'processing' your fabric? Sending it through the washer, dryer, ironing board on to stash. I often pair fabrics to patterns, but then forget which went with what. I'm sure if I cut the fabric, I'd remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, cutting out several garments at one time sounds like a great way to maximize your creative time. Going to have to try that during my little one's naptimes.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.