Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Minihipsters

Okay, proud Mommy moment - my kids are featured on minihipster.com today. I love that they deemed my custom-made children's fashion as cool as some of the brand name stuff other kiddos are sporting.

Tonight, my minihipster Benjamin and I made a snowman for a kindergarten project. We used a fake fur remnant my mom had and some buttons, rickrack, and a fabric remnant from my stash. I sewed the buttons after Benjamin selected and placed them. Benjamin helped me sew the hat and the brown rickrack for the arms - he stepped on the pedal while I guided the fabric. He loved helping Mommy sew.

After the kids went to bed, I finished up the cutest dress for Gracie. The pattern is Renee by Juvie Moon. It wasn't as complicated as it might seem. There are a lot of pieces, but with a serger, this is pretty easy.

This is the dress I cut first and then used the remnants to make all the dolly clothes shown here. I just love this fabric collection (Rose Cottage - purchased from Fairytale Frocks & Lollipops).

1 comment:

  1. Minihipsters is right! That is very neat to see your kiddos featured.

    And the summery dress is very pretty. Nice fabric combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.