Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Serger withdrawal

We have tons of ice and my serger is sitting at Elegant Stitches (no idea whether it is done or not). In the meantime, I am giving my Deco a workout:

I found these sweet fishies at Designs by Juju. I did the dolly outfit first as a practice piece and the stitched out the bigger fish on the overlay for the dress. The cute fish print fabric is by Fabric Finders.

Then I pulled out my tub of Gracie's room fabrics. I bought these coordinates from April Cornell's "A Little Romance" line by Moda back in 2008 and made a twin size quilt, a small stuffed chair, and curtains for my daughter's room. The twin quilt hasn't been used yet. She is about to graduate from her toddler bed into a big girl bed we ordered right after Thanksgiving so I want to do a few more projects with the remaining fabric. There's still quite a bit of it because I bought extra when the fabric went on sale.

Crossing my fingers that my serger is ready soon (and the roads are clear enough that I can safely go get it)...I want to sew these projects up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.