Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Last minute Christmas sewing

Unwrap this! I just made the jacket to Vogue 1200 - all 59 steps of it. I cut the fabric (and the lining, and the interfacing) on Thursday and did all of the fusing. Last night, I got through the basic construction of the outer jacket and the lining. Today, the two needed to be married together. There are really a lot of great details to how this is constructed, but I'm glad I was able to do it at a time when I was actually not super busy with a bunch of other stuff. This takes a lot of attention.

I have the pants from the same pattern cut and ready to sew, as well as a skirt (in more of the same fabric as the jacket) from a Simplicity pattern. I had considered being super ambitious and sewing the skirt also this afternoon, but instead I help Gracie clean up (for Santa) and played some Barbies with her. She keeps wanting to play "cheerleader" Barbie. She is going to flip when she gets a set of cheerleader Barbies tomorrow!

She and Benjamin will also be getting these:

They were so fun to make, except for the massive clean-up required after fake fur and bits of microfleece went everywhere! These are the only handsewn gifts I am giving this year.

Well, I will be wearing my new jacket to church this evening, and Gracie will be rocking the nativity scene Feliz dress again. I hope everyone reading this has a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment