Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

McCall's new patterns - love!

I was excited about the Simplicity Early Spring, but I am REALLY excited about the new offerings from McCall's. I need a pattern sale soon...

I love this fit and flare dress in M6504. I've had a similar style Kwik Sew pattern that I haven't made because I knew I'd have to alter the straps to make it bra-friendly, but this I love! I can't decide which view I like best. I only know that large boobs and chest ruffles are usually not a good combo, but the other views are all adorable.

M6503 is really cute in a retro sort of way. Once again, I'll skip the view with the flouncy chest. I could do the little ruffle on the collar though.

M6507, a Tracy Reese design, is fantastic in the print on the left. My only concern would be bra exposure at the back. I think I would definitely make a muslin.

I love anything colorful and colorblocked, so this tank tunic (M6511) is so on my must-sew list! I would layer it with a solid tank, but this would be super cute to wear on vacation to Disney next August.

I'm not a fan of M6512's tie front view, but the short sleeve view is really nice. I love their version in the pink.

Anoraks are totally on trend for Spring 2012 and this one in M6531 is nice. I'd love to make up a bright version of view C.
M6519 is a really cute wardrobe. I'd be tempted to make everything here.

For Gracie, the boho chic looks in M6530 would be lovely.
I also adore this Chelsea Anderson (who also designs for Pink Fig) design (M6497). This is just adorable and I love, love, love anytime I can mix cute prints.

M6496 is quite cute, but I may need to check my pattern inventory for VERY similar looks before purchasing.

I have a huge stash of knits from Patsy Aiken's Raleigh, NC outlet that would be so cute made up in M6498.

I may need to buy both size ranges of M6502 and sew up a brother-sister look for Benjamin & Gracie. Everyone loves cargo pants!

I will admit that I need more bag patterns like a hole in the head, but the Laura Ashley bags in M6522 are really pretty and a nice size.



M6527 would make some cute projects for Gracie's room.

Palmer/Pletsch have a winner with M6513 - what a great crossover knit top pattern!

I'm usually not a fan of the Stitch N Save patterns, but M6489 looks like it would be quick to make and flattering.

These Kay Whitt bags in M6532 are seriously cute - I want that fabric on the top bag!

Okay, Joann's and Hancock - get my patterns, put 'em on sale, and let me dig into Spring...yes, I know the odds of completing my winter sewing plan go down by the minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment