Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter finery

It's the purple people! This represents half of my Easter sewing (shirt and two dresses). I'll get pics with the whole herd on Easter Sunday, but I wanted to share a few pictures since I am so thrilled to have Easter sewing accomplished.
Don't they look sweet (kind of belies the fact that the darling girl is currently whining at me as I type this...)?

This dress was officially a BEAST to put together, but I do like it. It's one of those dresses that looks like crap on the hanger and is barely recognizable during construction, but once you get it on a body, it looks good. And curvy girls, this style is not for the flat-chested. You need to be able to fill this out with womanly curves to make it look good. This is not the most flattering angle in the photo (what happens when you hand the camera off to a child), but you can tell that without appropriate "filling" from the girls, this dress would be weird.
BTW - gotta love the Target dollar spot which is where we found this sweet hat a few weeks ago. When she loved the purple one, my fabric selection was clinched!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.