Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nighttime projects

I like nightshirts. They are so much fun to sew because I have access to lots of great knits (Patsy Aiken outlet!!) and they don't require major fitting issues. A couple of nights ago, I made my second version of Simplicity 2739. I reviewed it two years ago in a long sleeve version.

 This version is made from a Patsy Aiken knit and trimmed with a white ruffle trim I got from an online store. I didn't want to change thread just to sew the trim on, so I used an embroidery stitch to do it. The sleeves and ruffle are finished with a serger rolled hem.



This is my cap sleeve version:
Tonight, I have been stitching out cute little monkeys from Embroidery Library for birthday party outfits for Benjamin (6 on 4/1) and Gracie (4 tomorrow). They are having a joint birthday party in the afternoon. I stitched on a store-bought t-shirt for Benjamin and then decided to make Gracie a simple t-shirt knit dress. I'm currently stitching out her monkey and still need to sew the dress. Oh well, this is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.