Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

Simplicity Fall sneaky-peek!

I was at Joann's looking for some Simplicity's as they are currently $1.99, and I found a cool surprise - the next release was already in the drawer!

That's not all, of course, but just the ones from the new collection that I liked.

They have lots of Halloween including several Alice in Wonderland themed costumes, and a new Cynthia Rowley. That one wasn't my favorite, but CR fans might like it.

Here are some details on the ones I did get:
 This Project Runway dress has lovely front tucks and I like the teal version with the contrast hem band.
This skirt pattern has some great lines and doesn't take much yardage - about 1 to 1 1/4 yard per version.
I'm not a fan of the angled hem cardigan, but I like the knit dress/top a lot.
Adorable dress designs for little girls - also comes in 4-8, but Gracie's only a size 3 (in length - smaller in actual torso) so I got the 1/2-3. I like the tucks beneath the yoke - that's different.
I don't much like the big girl's outfit, but isn't the little girl's outfit cute? The pants have a side zipper - I don't see that working in a 3 year old's pants. That's a potty problem going somewhere to happen.
I've decided this is the season I tackle a fitted, lined jacket, and while I already have several patterns, I liked the style on this one. Now, this is NOT lined, but I want to try fitted and unlined before I go for the lined one.
I got some other Simplicities as well, and I also stopped by Hancock's where McCall's is 99 cents and Vogue is $3.99. If you need patterns, this is a good weekend to get yourself to one of these stores!

2 comments:

  1. I love the view on that jacket pattern with all the ruffles... I'm definitely making that! I'm making my first jacket right now, and it's certainly different from dress and top sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I see you got the "memo" on that $3.99 Vogue sale at Hancocks :-).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.